Depending on what part of the world we hail from, we have grown up with some promise about the power of natural beauty.
Recently, personal-care business is figuring this out too. Below listed products have been researched and are being used in everyday products.
OH MY GOD SO SOME RUDE GUY ON THE STREET PASSING BY ME SAID “TAKE THAT METAL OUT OF YOUR NOSE IT’S DISGUSTING” AND I SAID “TAKE YOUR JUDGMENTAL HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS YOU’RE DISGUSTING” AND THE PERSON WALKING BEHIND ME LAUGHED SO HARD SHE STOPPED WALKING
“I like it, a man who’s not swayed by facts.”
Totally Biased: NYC Women Talk Cat Calling
Danai Gurira as Arwen Undómiel—an Elven lady of royal Noldor blood; the daughter of Elrondal from the line of the Half-Elven, also called the Evenstar by her people. Her aspect was said to recall her ancestress, Lúthien, fairest of all the Elves. After the War of the Ring, she married High Queen Arawend II Elassar, becoming Queen Consort of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor. They governed together for many years, until the High Queen’s death and power was ceded to Ancalimë II, second cousin to the Queen.
Arwen died of a broken heart in 121 F.A., one year after the death of Arawend.
(part VI in the series YOU LOOK UPON A WOMAN, a project which reimagines Lord of the Rings with a cast of women of color)
of your worth
not your beauty
everyday. (your beauty is a given. every being is born beautiful)
knowing your worth
can save your life.
raising you on beauty alone,
you will be starved.
you will be raw.
you will be weak.
always in need of someone telling you how beautiful you are.
- The Hollywood Reporter: What's your worst audition?
- Connie Britton: "We just didn't get you."
- Anna Gunn: "We just didn't respond to you."
- Monica Potter: I'd just had my last kid..I was pushing like 180 pounds at the time. I'm like, "You guys, I just don't feel physically fit yet." I had my Spanx on and looked like a damn sausage, but I went in and thought I did a really good job. I got home and get the call from my agents. I'm like, "I did good, right?" And they say, "You did great. The problem is you're just …" "I'm too fat." "Yeah, we're just going to wait a little bit." I said, "I already told you this!" The weight thing is a crappy thing in this town, you know?
- Elizabeth Moss: On the first season of "Mad Men," I had to wear a fat suit and prosthetic makeup to make me look bigger.... We all have this perception of what we're supposed to look like. But that's what's so great about all these women here today: We're all completely different-looking, you know? We're all beautiful, but real women.
- Connie Britton: I agree. I've never had somebody say to me that I needed to look a certain way for a role, but I've always lived in dread of what that would be like. It's our responsibility to play these full-fledged women, and to play women who look like people we actually see in life. It's more interesting, and I think audiences appreciate it, too.
- Kerry Washington: It's a little bit different for me because I'll audition for something and they'll just decide that they're not going "ethnic" with a character, which I hear a lot.
- The Hollywood Reporter: Casting directors still use the word "ethnic"?
- Kerry Washington: If not "black," then yeah. People have artistic license … that's what casting is: fitting the right look to the right character. Whereas you could maybe lose some weight, there's not really anything I can do, nor would I want to, about being black.
Over representation has impacted the psyche and ego of many White people. They’re everywhere, so when they aren’t they feel uncomfortable.
What about us/me? What about our feelings? Our beauty? Reverse Racism!
Their egos are more fragile, they’re more selfish and egocentric. Hence why they feel…
Eve - Eve (Explicit) ft. Miss Kitty